TRETYAKOV GALLERY – 2006
Established in 1856, the State Tretyakov Gallery is the foremost repository of Russian art in the world. It’s collection covers over 1,000 years of Russian art. The Treyakov was founded by merchant Pavel Tretyakov who donated his collection to the city of Moscow in 1892. The museum is so marvelous, it is worth a trip to Moscow just to spend time there.